Organise an event for St John Ambulance Cymru
Organising your own fundraising event to raise money for charity can be a really fun and unique experience, as well as one that is personally very rewarding. You will have the satisfaction of seeing your idea come to life and make a positive impact on the community. Whether you do something by yourself, as part of a team, or with your family and friends, every penny you raise will help St John Ambulance Cymru continue its lifesaving work in communities across Wales.
Every year, hundreds of people choose to organise an event or fundraise in their own way to help us, and we'd love it if you joined them.
What kind of event can I organise to help raise money?
There are infinite possibilities when it comes to organising an event to help us raise money. if you're stuck for ideas, then why not try some of the ideas below.
- You can take part in a sporting event such as a marathon or tough mudder event and choose us as your charity of choice to raise money for.
- If you like your adventures to be more extreme, then why not try skydiving or climbing a mountain!
- Is your birthday coming up, but you don't know what you want? Why not ask for charity donations to celebrate this special occasion.
- If you like playing video games, then you could try live-streaming for charity. You could also live stream yourself cooking, knitting, or anything else you think people would be interested in watching.
- Do you enjoy baking? Then why not hold a bake sale or afternoon tea and cake party, with all proceeds going to charity?
- There's lots of personal challenges you could try, such as a zero-waste day, or trying not to talk for 24 hours.
All these are great ways to engage the local community in your fundraising efforts. But the possibilities are endless. We encourage you to put the fun into fundraising, and fundraise your own way!
Fundraise for St John Ambulance Cymru and we'll support you each step of the way
Our friendly team are on hand to support you through your fundraising journey, giving you everything you need to make the most out of your event and help turn your idea into a success. We'll help you every step of the way, and can even help you think of different ideas if you're not sure what to do.
Every pound you raise will make a huge difference to our lifesaving work, so take your first step towards fundraising for us by getting in touch today!