St John Ambulance Cymru is an independent Priory within the Order of St John and is the first aid charity for Wales. We’ve supported people and communities across Wales for over a century.
We existed before the NHS in Wales and provided the earliest medical support to those who were sick or injured.
Our focus is developing new, innovative services to help us achieve our mission of saving lives and enhancing the health and well-being of communities in Wales.
St John Ambulance Cymru has ambitious plans in place and is seeking an outstanding individual to be our CEO, someone who will be a strong advocate
for the charity and have the ability to help steer us towards achieving its strategic priorities.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone who can bring inspirational leadership to ensure the whole organisation realises its full potential and has a clear strategic direction that will deliver
short- and long-term financial stability, safe and sustainable growth of core charitable activities, and a culture of continuous improvement to enable the charity to evolve over time.
This presents an exciting and prestigious opportunity, where to be successful, you will need to:
- Be able to demonstrate the highest level of ethical leadership, with a track record of operating at a senior level, ideally with experience of working within a charity Board.
- Have credibility and respect with the government, the business and commercial community, major institutions and other national charities.
- Be able to show commitment to the charity’s aims and objectives.
- Possess strong strategic awareness and ability to identify emerging external factors that may impact strategy, implementation of plans, or reputation with key stakeholders.
- Show excellent strategic vision and judgement, willingness to speak your mind, ability to work as a team and a belief in Nolan’s seven principles of public life.
- Have a clear vision and a sense of what is possible for service users and local populations around quality, reducing inequalities and inclusivity.
- Act as a role model for the charity, displaying compassion and engaging positively with a wide range of internal and external people/agencies.
- Have experience and evidence of successfully managing relationships at senior, Executive and Board levels with authority and credibility, and be able to inspire and support the leadership of a diverse team.
- Communicate with credibility, trust and respect. Share issues, experiences and information. Adapt communication as appropriate. Challenge peers. Listen and check your understanding.
- Possess and display other key personal qualities including creativity, listening skills, team player, emotional intelligence and curiosity.
How to apply
To apply please submit your CV, together with a supporting statement outlining your interest in joining us and how you meet the required criteria to: email@example.com.
Potential candidates with questions about this role are welcome to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with their questions or to arrange an informal discussion with the Prior.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 29th February 2024 at 12 noon.
Interviews will be conducted Wednesday 20th March 2024.